Polish Blini with Chobani Lemon Yogurt and Blueberries (Crepes)

When I was a child my parents both worked. The two hours between the bus dropping us off at the bottom of the hill and the arrival of one of my parents from work was often spent with my Polish Babcia or Grandmother.   She lived about 1/4 mile from our house and was an exceptional cook.  During the summer she kept a large jar of fermenting raspberries from her patch that she would draw from whenever we had a cough.  In winter we were often greeted with something homemade and warm such as her blinis, sometimes drizzled with her famous raspberry "syrup".  These are so simple to make and so delicious with a variety of ingredients.  My husband and I like them best with a simple yogurt and fruit filling. 


Babcia's Polish Blini

Beat:
4 Eggs
Add
1 Cup Milk
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
A small pinch of kosher salt
Beat in
1 Cup Flour
Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes.

Heat a skillet on medium low heat with some butter and spray oil (100% oil - no added water) such as Crisco brand.  I use a 10" heavy duty Calphalon Saute Pan that has a flat bottom and rounded sides. 

Once the pan is preheated pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan.  Immediately swirl it around to cover the entire bottom of the pan.  Have a plastic spatula ready to flip the blini once the edges start to pull away from the pan.  You should not have to reapply the oil as long as your pan is well seasoned.

I usually cook all the blinis and stack them on a plate and keep on top of the stove to keep them warm.

The blinis shown are filled with Chobani Lemon Yogurt and Fresh Blueberries.  They are also great with lemon curd and raspberries or maple syrup.  My son's favorite is cinnamon and sugar.   Enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts