Cooking in the Dark? Pancakes and Blueberry Sauce

The past few days we have been hit by a number of wet and snowy storms.  Our power has been off since Thursday evening and it is a good time to think about simple food cooked with a minimum of dishes and fuss.  Bill thinks I am crazy making coffee with water boiled on the stove and poured through a paper towel stuffed into a kitchen funnel but we have to get the day started.  He claims he can taste the paper towel in the coffee, but me, I am so happy to have that warm mug in my hands that any off smells are set aside for the moment.

The first morning we settled for pancakes with a fresh blueberry sauce poured over them.  If I had running water I would be reaching for my ricotta pancake recipe but with no water to clean extra dishes Krusteaz are the pancakes of choice.  I did substitute melted butter for the oil just to give them a richer flavor.  The blueberry sauce was a cup of blueberries frozen last summer with two tablespoons or so of sugar heated over the stove until softened but not falling apart.

My simple dinner? No cooking tonight, we are off to Bill's restaurant.

Comments

  1. HA! For once our power stayed ON.

    Word verification is dediseur...a lover of dedications?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts